“You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it’s important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages.”
~ Michelle Obama
♥ ♥ ♥
I refer to these two ladies in these photos as “my millennials”. They are part of an extended team which includes a few males (also millennials) who are not pictured here but I am humbled by the lessons they have all taught me thus far.
From them I have learnt:
- how to really use a cell phone (there are things these devices can do other than make and receive calls apparently)
- stress less over the small stuff (and listen folks, it is ALL small stuff)
- why it is not necessary to print every single document and then place it in a physical file (because trees are to be preserved – how could I not know this at my age?)
- technology is a friend rather than a foe (even when said technology refuses to work)
- that the world of work is in reality quite different now vs. what it was when I first started my career more than 30+ years ago.
Just as I try to be a good teacher, I believe I am an even better student! As such I was more than happy to gift them each with their personal autographed copies of the Success University for Women in Leadership™ best-selling paperback, an amazing book full of information and learnings from 20 women – of which I am one – who willingly share their knowledge and experience as they successfully lead other women.
Still wondering why these girls are smiling? It’s because you can easily pick up your own book between November 14 – 20, 2017 at a discounted price here and get some freebies here as well; they also know it’s going to be truly worth reading because of this:
- A leader or aspire to be one?
- Searching for a leadership mentor that has been where you are?
- Embarking on a more significant leadership role?
You’ll get answers to these questions and more inside Success University for Women in Leadership™. In fact, you’ll get access to 20 leaders from six countries around the world who are ready to share their leadership insights and learnings with you. Our Success Sisters hail from industries as varied as accounting, education, healthcare, human resources, insurance, the military, professional development, petroleum, and the arts. They have a lot to share and implement as you navigate your own leadership journey. Dive into the book now and let their experiences and guidance empower you in your leadership quest for success. You have nothing to lose. Learn from women who have walked the walk when it comes to being strong and thoughtful leaders.
As a co-author my biggest lesson from the thinking and writing process for this project was that life is not only for living but also for leaving behind a meaningful legacy for those coming after us. In a nutshell I guess that means if you are 50+ years old (like me) you will need to remember that you were was once a millennial too and there’s much to be learnt from the younger ones who will follow in our footsteps.
Am sure you will agree but all I can say in this moment and for right now is this: “Being a best-selling author is awesome and leading millennials can be fun!”