This is one of the easiest dishes to prepare and involves a minimum of three vegetables for starters: squash, onions and chives (or green onions). You can use as much or as little of any veggies as you want; it’s all about flavour and colour, so the sky is the limit. I use anything that is in season as long as I like it but try to go easy on the spinach (can sometimes turn the red onion into a strange colour if you use too much).
This recipe yields enough to last five days or an entire work week … well, that depends on how fast or slow you consume these veggies but let’s get started.
1 medium sized Squash
2 large Red Onions (or normal onions – your call)
8 stalks of Chives
10 medium-sized Okras (optional)
Few leaves of Spinach (optional)
2 Large Carrots (optional)
4 English potatoes (optional)
1 Cucumber (optional)
White & Black Pepper
Ginger (powdered or fresh)
Olive Oil Pam Spray
- Wash and thinly slice the squash, potatoes, and cucumbers; do not peel.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Wash, thinly slice and add the remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle dashes of salt, white and black pepper, powdered ginger and garlic salt to taste
- Mix thoroughly
- Spray the bottom of a large glass baking dish with Olive Oil
- Add your veggies, and after sprinkling with 2 – 3 tablespoons of Coconut Oil cover the dish with foil
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees Celsius
- Let cool and serve 🙂
- So yummy!
15 – 20 minutes or as long as it takes you to slice and dice your veggies, so the time really is dependent on your quantities. Here’s a hint though: prepare more than you need and then freeze all that is left over for your next casserole dish.
Loved this recipe? Then stay tuned for more easy-peasy ones. In the meantime, good luck with your super healthy veggie casseroles and let’s get this healthy party started. Here’s how:
- Make your casserole
- Take a photo of the finished product
- Post it on your blog or FB page with a comment or two (especially if your family loved it)
- Make sure you link your post back to the recipe here using this note: “get this easy recipe here http://wp.me/p2CNyA-3bB
- Encourage others to share exactly as you did 🙂
This Next Recipe Coming Soon ….