“On another day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them to present himself before him. And the LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”” Job 2:1-2
♦ ♦ ♦
The bible tells us. Satan roams throughout the entire earth, going back and forth all over its face. If we take the word of God to heart, why then are we surprised when evil appears? Do we not expect to be tested in some form or fashion? And how else would we learn to be stronger instead of weak?
It’s heart-wrenching and totally depressing to read the news. I am tired of terrorism, suicide bombers, rapists, domestic abusers. There are massive lay-offs, strikes, protests and the deaths of innocent persons due to drive by shootings or public demonstrations which go wrong. People are hungry, homeless and hopeless. What’s a girl to do? Remain in bed under the covers? Tempting but not realistic with a teenaged son who is always hungry so into the world of work I must go.
But all is not lost! I have found that when life looks hopeless these 7 steps can result in a brighter world:
- Embrace God’s word more
- Pay your blessings forward
- Pray hard, praise God harder
- Show empathy; love others more while judging them less
- Keep and share the faith
- Sing your favourite song, mail a note to a friend, write a blog post just like this one 🙂
- Keep calm in the midst of the storm; this too shall pass!
We definitely live in a fallen world and some days it may seem as though there is more darkness than light but with God, there is always hope. Evil is out there, and we know this, but so is good.
“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
♦ ♦ ♦
But how do you maintain hope in the midst of hopeless looking situations?
- Are you an optimist or pessimist?
- Is your glass half full or half empty? Do you even have a glass?
- Should we care about what’s going around us if life is good in our little corner of the world?
- Have you written a post about good vs. evil or current world affairs?
Share your thoughts; leave a comment or link to any posts you may have written on finding hope when life looks hopeless … and thanks for visiting 🙂