“Everything that irritates us about others can lend us to an understanding of ourselves.”
Carl Jung, Psychiatrist
This is a very interesting quote which I recently tried to apply to my own life. Everything it seemed irritated me: traffic, being late for work, having to go to meetings where attendees are unprepared, people not respecting my time …. the list was endless but the real questions I had to ask myself are shown below. Introspection is good and although I haven’t completely come up with all the answers as yet, I invite you to take a moment to think about these questions as well, especially if you find yourself irritated about certain things in your life from time to time.
- Have you been irritated lately?
- Who or what contributed to your irritation?
- What did this situation teach you about yourself?
- How do you plan to handle such irritations differently?
- Is there someone you can mentor based on your experience?
Don’t forget to share your thoughts on this post with us … and thanks for visiting 🙂