“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- – 0 – 0 – 0 –
I’ve posted this before but still acknowledge that some days it’s easy to complain and hump and grump; like, a lot. Those are the days when:
I wish things were different …
I wish people were different …
I wish I was different. …
But there are times when I have to pull myself up out of the ‘life overwhelm’ and consciously decide to be the change I want to see in the world. And for starters therefore, I can (and will) be thankful.
I am thankful for these 10 things at a glance:
- I am breathing, so that means I have life and generally ok health.
- I am able to taste, hear, see, touch and smell so my senses are working (well, except for when Nate thinks I am getting a little hard of hearing but that has to do with perspective – his – as well as selective listening – mine).
- I can walk, run when being chased by a dog if I really have to move it, and work out at the gym without using a cane or a wheelchair.
- I can get Nate to school and myself to work without worrying about transportation or getting wet in the rain.
- I earn an honest living which allows me to pay most of my bills.
- I have good friends and a loving family who support me.
- I live in one of the ‘beauti-fullest’ places on planet earth.
- I am able to laugh and to write words which make so much of a difference they can ‘hug’ people exactly when they need it most (see some cool word examples from my list of blog topics at the bottom of this note – just in case you missed any of them).
- I can pray and support others when they ask me to, and sometimes just because I can without being asked. I am also thankful that God answers my prayers – ALL of them.
- The Lord has shown me I am a wonderful special daughter of the one true God and King, and I am loved unconditionally. That means I can mean it when I shout: Amen
Now it’s your turn
So what are you thankful for? You don’t need 10 things but you need at least one, because there must be something you can be thankful for today, no matter how hard or difficult or challenging your life looks right now. And after you find a thing or two, thank God – because if it wasn’t for Him we would truly and without a doubt be … one big ungrateful blob of nothing. It’s up to you to have a great life so make it count … and make it thankful. Click to tweet
And just before you go …
It’s time to come up for air! So let’s brew a refreshing cup of tea, sit back and relax while enjoying some other thoughts on this journey called life.
- Do Your Tears Fall At Night
- Whose Friend Are You?
- Mothers, Sons and “The Importance of a Good Name vs. Riches” Training Programme
“I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds” (Psalms 9:1)