You are looking at the week ahead. You are seeing deadlines, projects, meetings, running errands, piles of laundry and carpools. There is so much to be done! And it has the potential to get pretty ugly; one thing falling through the cracks and your week is shot. You know it – and you can be sure the devil knows it too.
But God’s got your back! And He wants to make sure you have the ammunition you need to be strong in your faith. So let’s remind ourselves how much God loves us and wants to protect us by holding fast to the verses below BECAUSE YOU KNOW the devil is going to be waiting (to tempt, frustrate, confuse and disappoint) as you move out into this week so BE PREPARED.
- Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
- Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
- 1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- Psalm 136:26 Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Additional ‘Fire Power’ Quotes
- God is love. He didn’t need us. But he wanted us. And that is the most amazing thing. ~ Rick Warren
- God is love. Therefore love. Without distinction, without calculation, without procrastination, love. ~ Henry Drummond