“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
When you’ve lived long enough you come to realise it’s the little things of the world that make a big difference. I remember the times for instance when I’ve sent an e-card to a friend or written what I refer to as a ‘word hug’ in a short e-mail only to hear: “Thank you so much! That was exactly what I needed to hear!” Thing is I didn’t have a clue as to what was happening in his or her life, I only knew that in the same way I could do with a kind word from time to time then someone else out there must need it too.
In these days of down-sizing, lay-offs, divorce, loss of loved ones, famine and war, I know for sure that God can do big things through the little things (usually costing us nothing but time and sincerity) we offer; we just have to keep on offering and never ever give up on humanity.
Let’s ask ourselves:
- What little thing can we do today?
- What support will we give to the person who is struggling on this journey called life?
- Who can we call or send a note of encouragement to?
- Do we know someone who simply needs a physical hug with a warm smile?
- Maybe we can offer a friend a home-cooked meal or some other treat?
- Can we make time to visit a nursing home and just hold someone’s hand or listen as they share their stories with us?
- Who can we love even more than we love ourselves, or forgive even as God has forgiven us?
In reality, the little opportunities to make a big difference in someone’s life are endless . In other words, you could be the miracle they never even realised they were looking for! As Jesus said in Matthew chapter 9 verse 37: “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.” There is indeed much to be done to make the world a better place and there’s no better time than the present for us to pay our blessings forward … let’s not wait until it’s too late to start a movement ♥ ♥ ♥