We all worry. It’s natural. We worry about paying our bills, making ends meet, trying to ensure our children are safe, and whether we will live to see them grow up. There’s so much going on in the world today: wars, famines, drive by shootings, suicide bombings … seriously, how can one NOT worry? So yes, it is a fact: every single one of us is worried about something!
This very interesting Anima Series video clip (7 minute sermon) tells us for starters that there are 3 main types of worry under which all worries fall under:
- Decision worry
- Provision worry
- Lack of vision worry
But what’s a gal or guy to do to erase all this worrying?
Here are 3 doable action tips:
- Trust in the Lord – give your decisions up to God (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Do not worry – stop doubting that you matter because God cares about the sparrows but He cares about you even more (Matthew 6:25-26)
- Seek God first – do not focus on trivia instead of the more important stuff (Matthew 6:33)
4 Golden Nuggets
My personal take-away then were these important ‘nuggets’:
- God is more concerned not with what you eat, but what you are going to do with the energy from the food that you eat. Tweet
- God is not interested in where you are going but focusing on what you are going to do when you get there. Tweet
- Carrying loads of baggage prevents us from being free to accept God’s calling when He eventually brings us to it. Tweet
- God want’s to replace our worry with trust. Full stop. Tweet
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34
Now It’s Your turn!
Are you worried? Does your situation look entirely hopeless? Has this post helped? What will you actively do to stop worrying so much? Let’s support each other – leave me a comment.