September was definitely one of the most challenging months when it came to sitting down and posting thoughts to my blog. A sign warning me of bends up ahead would have been most appreciated … there was none. Most days I failed to write a single word due to back-to-back weeks of travelling for business and then playing catch-up on personal stuff. My poor brain was chock full of fluff and my fingers weren’t able to sift through the cotton or weave any comprehensible silks. It was tough! In fact, it was so tough I wanted to go back to September 1 and re-take the entire month all over again …
Unfortunately you cannot ‘do-over’ a month as you would an exam you didn’t pass (that would be like so super cool!) but I am sure if you love writing, a task which for most of us must be balanced with a full time job and a family, then you can truly relate.
But what I really want to know (especially from all of my readers who are writers) is:
- How do you manage?
- What’s your coping mechanism?
- Does life wash over you in tidal waves or are you able to break out your surf board and sail across a curving peak?
- If you are a writer or blogger do you carve out an hour (or two) early in the morning (or late at night) to ensure you post regularly?
- Maybe you do like me and choose rest (or reading) over writing when life is overwhelming?
- Worst yet, are you paranoid about low viewer stats (as I am) or are you more mature and go to bed (after acknowledging your human limitations)?
Whatever the situation, I encourage you to share! It would be great to hear how you survive the Blogging Blues or better yet, learn about what you do to help juggle the various life balls floating around in the air so please leave a comment.
In the meantime, I’m preparing for a bumper month of fantabulous content and thought-provoking posts along with major comment activity … hopefully!
Until then, I invite you to relax a bit with me. Grab a cup of coffee, put your feet up on the couch and take a look at my three top posts (in terms of views) for September. Happy reading and remember:
Some roads may have humps along the way but it’s getting to our destination that’s most important. Tweet this!
And a bonus – my #1 Blog Post of all time: Where Women Today Go Wrong (aka Sex Education At Its Best)