Do you consider yourself to be mentally strong? Some days I feel like I am superwoman, while on other days I am more of an emotional wreck (and there are many more of the latter than the former).
That’s why I found a post by madaboutyoulady entitled: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do not only interesting but useful as a future yardstick for those days when I need to be mentally strong but don’t know how. A “What Not To Do” post is therefore just as valuable as a “To Do” one – don’t you agree? Below is a snapshot of the main points shared in the post.
Mentally strong people have healthy habits. They manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in ways that set them up for success in life. Check out these things that mentally strong people don’t do so that you too can become more mentally strong.
- They Don’t Waste Time Feeling Sorry for Themselves
- They Don’t Give Away Their Power
- They Don’t Shy Away from Change
- They Don’t Waste Energy on Things They Can’t Control
- They Don’t Worry About Pleasing Everyone
- They Don’t Fear Taking Calculated Risks
- They Don’t Dwell on the Past
- They Don’t Make the Same Mistakes Over and Over
- They Don’t Resent Other People’s Success
- They Don’t Give Up After the First Failure
- They Don’t Fear Alone Time
- They Don’t Feel the World Owes Them Anything
- They Don’t Expect Immediate Results
Click here to read more details/explanations on each one of the items noted above – and of course add any of your own for good measure. Good luck, and here’s to being mentally strong for the future!