We hear it time and time again: you only have one life to live. This is very true. Thing is, this statement can be qualified to read: I cannot live your life and you cannot live mine (no matter how hard we may want to exchange circumstances with each other). Yet there is another saying which goes along these lines: you can never truly know about another man’s journey until you have walked in his shoes.
Life today is filled with so many different and sometimes overwhelming challenges it’s a wonder we manage to keep it together from one day to the next! But how do we make every day just a little bit more meaningful as we move out into 2013? No need for a long extended list of New Years’ resolutions! What might be needed however is a greater effort to:
- Live in the present moment
- Not wish for a different tomorrow - because tomorrows aren’t guaranteed
- Be the very best that we can be
- Perform an anonymous act of kindness for another human being – regularly
- Be grateful for all of the blessings in our life (and there are blessings folks!) e.g. family, friends, job, car, home, 5 senses that work most of the time, laughter, good books, sunshine, golden beaches with blue water - you get the picture
- Focus more on the big “M” aka ME - by pampering ourselves from time to time while paying attention to mental as well as physical health
- Consciously vow to take every single advantage of every day we wake up under the sun – especially if we live in a beautiful beautiful country like Barbados
We are assuming of course that all of the above will fall under our main umbrella of spending quality time with God because without Him we are nothing … and that’s a fact.
Do you have a tip of your own? Well don’t hesitate to share with us as we help each other on the quest to live an awesome year. Let’s do it!